Friday, May 27, 2016

May 2016

I am very new to the Paper Pumpkin scene, in fact, this is only my second month. So, I have not formed a thorough opinon of the service ... sort of.

If you are new to the idea of Paper Pumpkin I will give you a quick update. It is a mail subscription through Stampin' Up with one project to complete each month. It includes everything you need to do it, and it can be anything from cards to a 3D project. For example, last December was a calendar for the next year. The subscription (of course) uses only Stampin' Up materials.

So far I am having fun with it, but I am not really following the directions ...

This months project was a set of cards with a really cool laser cut  pattern. The kit included a Pumpkin Pie (orange) crimped paper, the laser cut folded card, embellishments (Pool Party), a stamp set, and Night of Navy ink mini. I chose not to use Night of Navy because I did not think it matched at all. Yup, I'm a rebel.

Here are the cards I cam up with:




Not bad, but I felt I could make something cuter. So I used the rest of the materials and had some fun! I tried to use all of the materials I could, but I was not a fan of the orange, sorry!

Anyhoo, here are the cards I came up with:






Honestly, this was super fun because my challenge was to take the original basic design elements and make them my own! So fun!

I did this whole crafty project with my Stampin' Up demonstrator, and you can see her cards at Craftier Creations.


1 comment:

  1. Your cards are so beautiful! Can't wait to see our wedding invites; I know they'll be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete